Monday, May 14, 2012

Amores Con Ojos Negros

I don't even know what to say
The feeling is so familiar
But still I stray away from all that I find comforting
You lied to yourself just to get inside my head
I almost fell into that trap
But you slipped
And while you fell I turned my direction
You would have had me
I was in your hand
You just needed to keep your eye on the prize
I'm your prey
Yet I do not run
I scamper
A part of me wants you to catch up
If you made an attempt I would not deny you
I cannot have my heart speak again
It mumbles and stutters
So that's when my brain takes charge
And I start to gain speed
Not yet at my full potential
I'll sacrifice my own happiness
Just to keep my dignity
Sometimes I wish I could be so careless and free
So naive and dirty
But another one will come along the way
And all will be well

No comments:

Post a Comment