Monday, May 14, 2012

Sociedad

We must justify ourselves to believe that something is true
The fact that we need these justifications should signal to us that we are wrong
I know there is more to the sketchy lives we paint than just ourselves
I don't need to justify my intentions
I know just where I am supposed to be
Sections of lives are torn away
From the bleeding core that rots away in the backdrop of our atmosphere
The ocean breeze does not lie
Neither does the tide
So why don't we listen
I heard the wind whisper a secret
A secret that could cure the world of all its troubles
But what is this life without the never ending journey
The journey of discovery and self-fulfillment
We are meant to strive
I shall never weep for myself
Every time I drive past the pasture
My corpse erupts into an ocean of tears
An ocean that drips down into the ground
And waters the trees that allow me to breathe
Give and Take
It's all the same

No comments:

Post a Comment