Monday, May 14, 2012

Experience No Longer Creates Us

People love what they are told to love
We never question why we love the way we do
I'm beginning to see the mistakes that I've been making
Never living in the here and now
Reality is substituted with the creations in our heads
The reality in which we want to be
Once we step back into our lives for just one moment
We run back to the safety of our dreams
If we keep running back to this false world
We will never be able to live life as it was intended to be lived
Through experience and interaction
Through real interpersonal relationships
With people who are just waiting to be found
Experience no longer creates us
We construct ourselves within the guidelines of our own interpretations
The more I isolate myself
The more I realize how desperately I need to escape my own phantom reality
The ghosts of my dreams are beginning to haunt me
And there's nowhere left to run except outside the front door
Into reality

No comments:

Post a Comment